Thursday, 28 June 2007
The Ten Commandments of the Curé of Corps
I found this in a French church many years ago, posted to the back wall, written by a grumpy curé. The Church was in a place called, puzzlingly, Corps. I have tried to decipher and (loosely) translate for your delectation/entertainment/edification.
The Ten Commandments for being a good parishioner.
1. Thou shalt arrive at every Mass regularly on time.
2. Thou shalt not obstinately hang around at the back of the church.
3. Thou shalt sit thyself in a pew, without blocking the aisle.
4. When asked, thou shalt give generously to good causes.
5. During Mass, thou shalt sing joyfully.
6. Thou shalt seriously listen to thy curé's sermons.
7. Thou shalt not save up thy sins to confess them at EASTER.
8. Thou shalt not systematically oppose any reforms.
9. Thou shalt pray, waiting for the eternal reign of GOD.
10. Thou shalt kindly remain in place until the end of Mass.
AMEN! and Have a nice stay in Corps, everybody!